With the advent of the digital age, communication and information management has taken a whole new role. The sheer amount of digital communication and information has made information and communication management softwares like Outlook imperative. As a result sometimes it becomes inevitable to split the .pst files. With MS Outlook there are a number of reasons why you could be looking to split a PST file (MS Outlook windows native storage file format). It could be that you are looking to improve the performance of outlook; may be you want to back up your data or your looking to migrate from MS Outlook to another Email client for instance you could be looking to import Outlook PST to Mac Mail. Whatever you end goal you can accomplish the same by using the following these simple steps:
Method 1: MS Outlook Archive feature:
- Open the desired MS Outlook account, and select the file that you would like to split.
- Once you have selected the .PST
file, under the ‘File’ menu option, click on the ‘Archive’
- Upon clicking on Archive option, Outlook will direct you to a dialog box.
- In the dialog box you would
need to check the box Archive this folder and all subfolders and
select a folder from the list.
- Next you can choose a date from wherein the emails will be archived.
- Browse and select the location where you would like to save the new PST file.
- At this stage, you should be able to see the new PST file in the Archive Folder in the Mail Folders list.
If the reason you’re looking to split the PST because you’re looking to migrate Outlook PST to Mac Mail Digital Tweaks Apple Mail Import Tool provides for an easy and hassle free migration.